Saturday, March 03, 2007

Session Blog - Oskar Blues Ten FIDY

Well, it's a day later than most others, but in recognition of the Friday session blogging of stouts, here are my short notes on the stout I had.

This probably doesn't even count towards the goal of a session tasting, as the stout I tried last night was Oskar Blues Ten FIDY Imperial Stout (Oskar Blues). This was on tap at the Mad Mex on McKnight Road in Pittsburgh. My, oh my.

Thick sweet molasses nose, with balsamic, licorice, chocolate syrup, coffee, and smoke. Light estery oily sweetness. Thick motor oil black with no head. Thick silky body with mild carbonation. Smoooth. Alcoholic warming. Great flavor - sweet malt and molasses, malted chocolate milk and coffee with bitter smoky undertones. Licorice, alcohol. Oak & vanilla. Dry bitter finish with a carbonic tangy hit. Really smooth and a tad syrupy. Roasted and toasted grains stay gooey on the palate afterwards. Very nice stout.

1 comment:

Eli said...

Nice, I was actually hoping to track down some of that stuff when I was in Pittsburgh tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear it's so tasty.