Friday, January 04, 2008

A Night Off From Beer (Gasp!)

This is the first Friday in a long while that I've not had a frothy pint (or bottle). Why, you ask with mouth agape?

I learned the hard way not to mix beer in the same evening with another drink - champagne. That's a hard bit of research, let me tell you, when living in Reims and having friends who make their own champagne ... but also have grocery stores where Chimay Bleu is cheaply (sob) available. Mixing the two, not even in great excess, was a bad thing.

So, with dinner and a movie at home tonight with my better half, we polished off a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck Brut from our former home town. So my apologies to Eli, for promising to try his Imperial Steam Beer tonight and not making it. Tomorrow!

1 comment:

Eli said...

That's just the regular steam, the Imperial Steam debuts on Tuesday.