Sunday, January 28, 2007

Local Spotlight on Beer & Wine Making?

So I opened up the Indiana Gazette on Friday to see a small notice under the police blotter for beer and wine makers in the area. Apparently, the Gazette is going to write up a special Sunday Leisure section on the practices - it'll be interesting to see the spin they put on it.

As soon as I saw it, I immediately called the number and left a message (it was after hours, unfortunately). On Saturday, while we had stepped out for an hour, the Gazette returned the call. When I called back, they were gone again. So, I hope that tomorrow I can hook up with the appropriate people and at least give some information about homebrewing - I don't really care if I'm quoted or not, just as long as it's a good article.

As luck would have it, I'm brewing up a batch of Franziskaner Hefeweizen (extract clone recipe) this week as a gift for my father-in-law's birthday. A few friends are coming over to 'help' brew, and I'm going to see if the reporter wants to show up, too. We'll try to spread the word about quality over quantity, the joy of homebrewing, etc., etc. Maybe we'll even get him/her to join our beer club!

I'll let y'all know what happens.

2 comments:

Eli said...

Looking forward to getting my hands dirty, err sanitized.

Adam said...

What a great story. Let us know how it goes. That would be cool to have the reporter show up.